Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: One haul to rule them all..now with pics!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Tortricidae's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 20th, 2004
    Posts
    1,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    A new wal-mart was recently opened here, and it so happens to be a two minute drive from where I work. I needed to pick up some catfood yesterday, and thought "well, there's that big new wal-mart right down the road, so it'd just be easier to stop there and get it". Naturally I was really thinking "and maybe they'll have something cool in the action figure department!"

    and oh boy, I was right. They were filled to bursting with LOTR figures:

    lotrhaul

    I would've gotten more, as they had Shelob and Shagrat as well, but decided to limit myself until I clear up some space (I just completely undid all the space I cleared by buying those four figs).

    I shall post open pics when I rearrange some stuff..damn you, toybiz!

    <font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ February 20, 2005 04:19 PM: Message edited by: Tortricidae ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member sculpey's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    8,165
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Nice score !! The battle for shelf space continues [img]wink.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Tortricidae's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 20th, 2004
    Posts
    1,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by sculpey:
    Nice score !! The battle for shelf space continues [img]wink.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yup..my sister gave me three small wall mounted shelves that she didn't need anymore, but they don't fit many figures, so I haven't managed to free up enough space for the dragons yet. But I will prevail!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Peter Peeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 17th, 2004
    Posts
    16,859
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    kickass! that orc archer looks uber-sweet!

    I was just thinking to myself "why don't I have more LotR toys?"
    I only have 2 right now, and that's just not right. [img]wink.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Tortricidae's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 20th, 2004
    Posts
    1,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Peeker:
    kickass! that orc archer looks uber-sweet!

    I was just thinking to myself "why don't I have more LotR toys?"
    I only have 2 right now, and that's just not right. [img]wink.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">the orc archer and gil-galad are the best of the four..gil-galad in particular has some really great paint apps and sculpting.

    you should get more LOTR toys. they're just getting better and better in terms of sculpting and paint.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Peter Peeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 17th, 2004
    Posts
    16,859
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    time before last that I was at TRU, I passed up that new Gandalf.
    no idea why, as I did want it. [img]confused.gif[/img]
    never saw him again.
    him and the super-poseable Boromir were the only new ones I saw.
    seems they don't get much in anymore, as the pegs are clogged with hobbits and smeagols... [img]frown.gif[/img]


    out of those 4, Arwen wold be the only one I skipped, mainly because she's not armed/armoured. [img]wink.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Tortricidae's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 20th, 2004
    Posts
    1,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Peeker:
    time before last that I was at TRU, I passed up that new Gandalf.
    no idea why, as I did want it. [img]confused.gif[/img]
    never saw him again.
    him and the super-poseable Boromir were the only new ones I saw.
    seems they don't get much in anymore, as the pegs are clogged with hobbits and smeagols... [img]frown.gif[/img]


    out of those 4, Arwen wold be the only one I skipped, mainly because she's not armed/armoured. [img]wink.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">did you want the gandalf the grey with the light-up staff, or just gandalf the grey with regular sword/staff? cause the one with the light-up staff is everywhere here.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Peter Peeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 17th, 2004
    Posts
    16,859
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think it was the regular one.
    I seem to recall the light-up having a weird hand or arm... [img]confused.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Cemetery Can's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16th, 2004
    Posts
    2,191
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Peeker:
    I think it was the regular one.
    I seem to recall the light-up having a weird hand or arm... [img]confused.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ya the light up one sucks compared to the new one.

    You made out well, Tortri! My WM is stuffed with Rings figures but not a single anything from the new series'.

    That place is getting bad lately, they brought in only a case of Spawn27s, sold out, and restocked with Spawn 26.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Tortricidae's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 20th, 2004
    Posts
    1,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Cemetery Man:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Peeker:
    I think it was the regular one.
    I seem to recall the light-up having a weird hand or arm... [img]confused.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ya the light up one sucks compared to the new one.

    You made out well, Tortri! My WM is stuffed with Rings figures but not a single anything from the new series'.

    That place is getting bad lately, they brought in only a case of Spawn27s, sold out, and restocked with Spawn 26.
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yeah..my local wal-mart sucks ass, pretty much. but the new one literally just opened, so it was lucky that I got to the rings figures before everyone else. I'll keep an eye out for that Gandalf you want, in case the new wally world gets more of the new wave in..I figure I'll have better chances of finding them at that one than the wal-mart I usually go to.

    <font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ February 19, 2005 08:16 PM: Message edited by: Tortricidae ]</font>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •